Sunday, September 5, 2010

Utsunomiya Zoo

The kids and I (Elin) went to the zoo a few weeks ago with my friends Nanako san and Miho san. It was a small town zoo and some of the animals, like the tigers, were in very small metal cages. I found that sad but they looked well taken care of. It was a reasonable price to get in and then you could buy small paper bags of vegetables for 200 yen ($200) to feed the animals with. This was one of the last things we did before school started again.






Denny feeding the little monkeys. Their hands are so soft when they take the food from you. You have to watch out for their little teeth though!






Me by the "American beaver" sign....'nuff said!












I love flamingos and they were so close you could almost touch them.







My friend Miho and I and all of the kids ( too many to name!). My friend Nanako was taking the picture. Savannah goes to first grade with 2 of the other boys. They are in the same walking home group. It was a very hot day but we had a lot of fun.



















Denny feeding the giraffe. There was a baby in the back but I couldn't get the picture to come out clearly! We could not believe we could feed giraffes, elephants, monkeys, penguins, rabbits and more!














My favorite animal!

















Elephant eating right out of our hands! Savannah was scared of the trunk, so at the last minute she would keep pulling her hand back! I fed it and the trunk just feels like a leather glove. It was really interesting!


Savannah by the "savannah monkey" sign.





















Savannah and Denny riding the pony. $200 for one little circle but I let them do it. Yes... I am a sucker!
































No comments:

Post a Comment