Saturday, January 8, 2011

Tobu World Square

Just before I had to return to work, we decided to take one last trip since everyone was feeling better. Elin found a place on line called Tobu World Square. Basically, they have landmarks from around the world rebuilt as miniatures. Tobu is located in Nikko - pretty close to where we went during the soba festival. There is a picture below of the same mountains I took pictures of the day of the festival. Flat Stanley came to town and made his way into a few of the pictures posted here. Can you find him?


Globe just outside the entrance of Tobu World Square.











Miniature of the Tokyo Skytree. I thought it was really interesting that they had this because I believe it is still currently under construction... It is planned to open this year.










Miniature of the Narita Airport.







I thought the transport plane was cool how the nose opened up so they can get cargo loaded. I have never seen this on a commercial jet before - or else never paid enough attention.






Picture of a cruise ship in between the Japan / United States area. You can see some of the New York buildings in the background as well as the Statue of Liberty.










Savannah and You-Know-Who in front of the Statue of Liberty.












A picture of the New York City streets. I thought they did a really good job making the city realistic.






This is where I shop for all my clothes... The Super Fly Boutique.







I heard on the radio that there was a four-car pile up... in the city? Seems like someone was not obeying the speed limits.






The Twin Towers.












Picture with the mountains of Nikko in the background.








Another shot of the Skytree with the mountains in the background.







Denny and Savannah riding a camel in the Egypt area.










The Coliseum from the outside and another picture of the inside.









The Parthenon. Most of the miniatures had amazing details. I would really like to know how they make these. Also, I would like to know what they do in bad weather because the whole place was outside. They gave is the little packages of handwarmers as we entered because it was so cold.



Picture of one of the castles in Germany. I can't remember the names of a lot of the places they had here, sorry. Again, the details are amazing.










Savannah at the Buckingham Palace guard photo op station. She was actually a little afraid to walk up to him.










The family posing with the guard.











The Eiffel Tower.











This is another one I can't remember the name of, but I think it is a church in Europe. Showing off my geography and history skills here...










Another landscape picture of Nikko.







This is the Forbidden City. Each of the items lined up are small statues of people bowing down. This was a really cool exhibit.






Another pictures of the kids at a photo op station.











The Great Wall of China.












Picture of the mountains I was talking about at the top of the blog. This was on our way home. We were stopped at a light and I was able to snap a picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment