Sunday, May 16, 2010

BBQ

I work in the interior section at NMC. When I first arrived in Japan, I was told about a BBQ that was planned. I wrote it down in my planner and in a blink of an eye, it was here. We went to Mizuhono Park. You can rent BBQ pits at this park.

Overall, it was a really good time. We ate a lot of meat - actually, the most meat that I have eaten since I have been here in Japan. We also made yaki soba which is one of my favorites. It is meat, vegetables and noodles cooked with special seasoning. Oishii des - It is delicious.


Hara san and Kaneko san preparing the vegetables. The park had running water which was very convenient.




In Japan, I am told that the charcoal is REALLLLY hard to start. I wasn't disappointed. At first, they used a gizmo (canned gas) to heat a few pieces of charcoal. With that, we added sticks and fanned the coals for a few minutes. And then a few more. Eventually, after about an hour or so, we got good heat and were able to cook.


This is a picture of the park entrance. I took this on the way from the restrooms. Several times, we left the BBQ to go to the restrooms which were at the front of the park only to find out later that there were some right next to the BBQ area.


The "head cooks" hard at work cooking lunch.










Savannah and I at the BBQ.





Dennis at his own BBQ table










Dennis wanted to climb this clump of trees. We got about 5 feet up and that was enough. There weren't many limbs.



Denny wouldn't let me take his picture. After about 5 or 6 tries, this was the best I could do.





Denny and Higashiuchi san







Hara san started to make yahi soba and the kids perked up. They asked to help. We lost a few noodles, but overall, they did a super job. Yaki soba is soooo good. By this time, I was really full. I think the kids were too. I ended up finishing some of their noodles.







Pictures of the children's play area.









BBQ trees.





Log cabin on the property. I wish this was my place.





At the park, they had a pond. There were many carp there. They also had Koi. We think the difference is the ones with color are Koi and the green/bron ones are carp. Not sure, but there was a Japanese family that had bread. They shred it with us. Those of you who know carp... they love bread.

Savannah and the koi.







Picture of flowers and lilypads that Elin took.






Koi.







Check out the size of this bee... There were many of these flying around collecting nectar.





Close-up of the flowers they were visiting.






Overall, we had a really great time. I ate so much that I only had a few chips and salsa for dinner. I hope to return to this park. This would actually be a great spot for an event with business trip associates.
















No comments:

Post a Comment